Energy Code Training
The following links are provided for those that are looking for more detail and description of specific techniques.
- Link to Energy Code Training presentation (.pdf)
- Cold and Very Cold Climates Best Practices (.pdf) click on the "Trades" tab in the menu for information on slab insulation, foundation insulation, house wrap and air sealing.
Foundation, Basement and Crawlspace Resources
- Basement Insulation Systems (.pdf) - Fact sheet on insulating basements including descriptions of the best systems and relative costs.
- Understanding Basements (.pdf) -Fact sheet describing the best practices for insulating and moisture control in basements.
- New Light in Crawl Spaces. (.pdf) - Fact sheet describing best practices for crawl spaces.
- Crawl Space Insulation (.pdf) -basic fact sheet including diagrams
- Builder's Foundation Handbook (.pdf) - detailed information on building and insulation all types of foundations.
- Moisture Control for New Residential Buildings
- Insulated Sheathing link - Link to the Building Sciences publication on installing insulation on the exterior of the home.
- DOE Link to ResCheck and ComCheck compliance programs
- A Builders Guide to Residential Foundation Insulation - Kansas State University Extension publication.
- BSC - High R Foundation Case Study Report - Building Sciences Corporation, High R Foundation research report.
Winterize a Flooded Home (.pdf) - Link to a presentation on winterizing a flooded home.
North Dakota Residential Construction Energy Efficiency-related Practices Study
* Executive Summary (pdf)
* Full Report (pdf)