NDSU Hettinger REC Offers Sheep Research Report
Producers and others interested in the sheep industry have a variety of ways to review the “2013 NDSU Sheep Research Report.”
The sheep research was completed by faculty and staff at the North Dakota State University Animal Sciences Department and Hettinger Research Extension Center.
"The 2013 NDSU Sheep Research Report highlights recent research conducted at NDSU on behalf of the sheep producers of North Dakota,” says Christopher Schauer, Hettinger REC director. “The Hettinger REC and NDSU Animal Sciences Department conducted a variety of research projects for the sheep industry. The research ranged from lamb nutrition in the feedlot to new techniques for increasing reproductive efficiency in ewes."
The research topics include:
- Analysis of a sheep cover crop grazing trial in southwestern North Dakota
- Influence of the level of dried distillers grains with solubles on feedlot performance, carcass characteristics, blood metabolites and semen quality of growing rams
- Placenta development during early pregnancy in sheep and effects of assisted reproductive technology on fetal and placental growth
- Impacts of supplemental arginine on reproductive performance in sheep
- Efficacy of pregnancy-specific protein B assay to predict pregnancy and pregnancy rate in sheep
- Effects of maternal metabolizable protein supplementation during the last 50 days of gestation on ewe performance and offspring performance from birth to weaning
- Effects of maternal metabolizable protein supplementation during the last 50 days of gestation on male and female offspring performance postweaning
- Effects of rumen-protected arginine supplementation during gestation in ewes on postnatal offspring performance
The “2013 Sheep Research Report” is available at http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/hettingerrec by going to the sheep section. A printed copy is available by contacting the Hettinger REC at email@example.com or calling (701) 567-4323.
NDSU Agriculture Communication – April 26, 2013
|Source:||Christopher Schauer, (701) 567-4323, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Editor:||Rich Mattern, (701) 231-6136, email@example.com|