New Americans (refugees) face numerous acculturation challenges, which include practicing safe food principles and choosing healthy and nutritious foods.
These materials (videos, handouts, picture-based recipes) were created to help New Americans handle food safely. The food safety concepts are applicable to any audience.
- Resources for Educators - Lesson plans, visual aids and classroom resources.
- Fact Sheets for International Students - Questions and answers about storing food in the refrigerator, freezer, etc.
- - Step-by-step picture-based recipes that can be done in the classroom.
- Learning Modules - For foodservice workers covering the 4 steps to food safety.
- Videos - Informational videos in various languages including; Spanish, Kurdish and Somalian.
- - Links to helpful resources in several languages from organizations around the world.
Nutrition and Health
- Foreign Language Fact Sheets, Handouts and Posters - Links to helpful resources in several languages from around the world.