4-H and Youth
The goal of 4-H youth programing is to provide opportunities for youth to experience life skills, practice them and use them throughout their lifetime. Through the experiential learning process used in 4-H, youth internalize the knowledge and gain the ability to apply the skills appropriately. If your family is interested in joining Williams County 4H please give us a call!
Life skills emphasized in 4-H program:
- Making decisions
- Solving problems
- Relating to others
- Planning and organizing
- Learning to learn
- Leading self and others
- Relating to change and apply science and technology
- Communicating with others
Five steps of experiential learning process:
- Do: activity
- Share: what happened, results and feelings
- Process: analyze experience and reflect to determine what was most important
- Generalize: personalize experience, determine importance and apply to real life
- Apply: determine how to apply what was learned to a similar or different situation
The 4-H Motto is to "Make the Best Better."
The 4-H Emblem is the four leaf clover with an "H" on each leaf.
These H's stand for Head, Hands,Heart, and Health; the training and proper care of which will be the best assets any person can possess.