NDSU Extension - Stark & Billings County


| Share

How to Join 4-H

Everything you need to know about how to become a 4-H member or 4-H leader

What is 4-H and Who is In Charge?

More information about the organization

What is 4-H?

4-H is a non-formal educational program and an organization for youth. It is open to everyone regardless of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, handicap or place of residence.

Who is in charge of 4-H?  

Nationally, this is managed by the Families, 4-H and Nutrition unit of the Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. At the State level, 4-H is sponsored by the Cooperative Extension Service of the Land-Grant Universities in each State and Territory. The people in charge locally are the Extension Agents/Educators in each county. County staff are members of the faculty of the University. Funding for 4-H is provided through a partnership between the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the State University and County Commissioners.

Contact the extension office for more information.

Also see North Dakota Center for 4-H Youth Development.


Filed under: 4-H, 4-H Youth
Creative Commons License
Feel free to use and share this content, but please do so under the conditions of our Creative Commons license and our Rules for Use. Thanks.