Renville Bottineau Ag Improvement Association (RBAIA)
2016 Board Of Directors
Matt Peterson, Antler; President
Parker Gates, Mohall; Vice President
Mitchell Volk, Sherwood; Treasurer
Matt Gates, Mohall
Jared Peterson, Antler
Robert Alexander, Tolley
Josh Cook, Kenmare
Ross Anderson, Lansford
Andrew Otto, Mohall
State Board Director for the NW District -
Del Gates, Mohall
Aims of the Association
- To promote every legitimate interest of the seed growers and livestock in the counties and to maintain the standing and reputation of the members of this Association as reliable seed growers and stock breeders.
- To foster and develop the use of pure seed and the distribution of such products and to further the adoption and use of purebred sires of all classes of livestock in the herds of the counties.
- To aid in the control of such destructive livestock diseases as Brucellosis, Tuberculosis, Hoof and Mouth, Rabies and other diseases affecting the livestock industry.
- To aid other organizations sponsoring agricultural events.
- To raise the standard of living of farm families.
- To promote 4-H club work, FFA, Homemakers and other rural community and urban organizations.
- To select and sponsor delegates to the annual North Dakota Ag Recognition Day at NDSU.
Activities and Accomplishments of the Association
- Sponsors of educational tours and meetings with cooperation of Renville County Extension Service and other organizations of Renville County.
- Sponsors of annual off-station tour.
- 1998 a permanent variety plot located 5 miles west of Mohall in Renville County was established.
- Sponsors of a $250 scholarship to Renville County youth at a qualified school of Agriculture or Home Economics.
- Acts in an advisory capacity for the Extension program on county planning committees.
- Sponsors of the North Central Seed Show and Ag Expo and donors of cash premiums and sweepstakes awards.
- Supporters of the Renville County 4-H program and their events.
- Member of the North Dakota Crop Improvement and Seed Association.
- Sponsors of NDSU Ag Recognition Day.
- Pioneer Award established in 1999.
- Distribution of new seeds.