Flood Information


| Share

Replacing or Reconditioning Electrical Wiring and Equipment

Hire a professional to replace or recondition electrical wiring and equipment.

North Dakota State Electrical Board policy states:

  • All breaker panel boards, breakers, fuses, disconnect switches, controllers, receptacles, switches, light fixtures and electric heaters that have been submerged must be replaced.
  • All electrical  equipment, switchgear, motor control centers, boilers and boiler controls,electric motors, transformers and other similar equipment such as appliances, water heaters, dishwashers and oven ranges that have been submerged need to be reconditioned by the original manufacturer or its approved representative, or replaced.
  • Electrical wiring may require replacement depending on the type of wire or cable and what application it was listed for.
  • Splices and termination must be checked to make sure they comply with the National Electrical Code.
  • The electrical system needs to be certified by a licensed North Dakota electrical contractor or inspector to assure that the electrical system will be safe to energize.
Creative Commons License
Feel free to use and share this content, but please do so under the conditions of our Creative Commons license and our Rules for Use. Thanks.