Marketing Hometown America
What are new residents looking for as they relocate to a rural community? What does your town offer that might attract new residents? These questions are worth answering if your community intends to grow and bring in additional people. Through the use of a small group dialogue process, called “Study Circles,” residents of your community can participate in creating the environment and the marketing strategies that will cause potential newcomers to relocate there. Find out what you have to offer.
Benefits of Marketing Hometown America
Marketing Hometown America is a partnership between NDSU Extension, the Rural Futures Institute, SDSU Extension and UNL Extension.
- Learn what new residents are looking for as they relocate to a rural community.
- Discover often overlooked local assets that attract potential new residents
- Understand the importance of local family and friend referrals and the positive image that can be projected through a community web site and social media
- Learn and practice the skills of positive community dialogue to increase involvement and confidence in your ability to market your community.
- Build and implement a marketing action plan that incorporates realistic and achievable strategies to successfully market your community
- Increase the community’s human capacity and confidence in using the dialogue approach to address future community issues.
North Dakota Communities In Action
For more information contact:
Jodi Bruns (701.349.3249 ) Ellendale, ND
Related Information and Resources