Remember these important messages that MyPlate teaches us -
- Enjoy your food, but eat less.
- Avoid oversized portions.
Foods to Increase
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Make at least half your grains whole grains.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
Foods to Reduce
- Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread and frozen meals - choose the food with the lower number.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
For more information about MyPlate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov
Now you can use SuperTracker from your phone! Compare two foods on the go, update your goals on the spot or log your food and activity in real time.
Are you looking for a way to keep track of your physical activity and the foods you eat to help you accomplish your goals this year? Put your smartphone to good use
and try the USDA Super Tracker App.