Directions to Central Grasslands:
Four miles north of Streeter or 11 miles south of I-94 on Highway 30, take 48th Street and drive 5 miles west to 48th Ave and ¼ mile south. The tour will start at the office, near the livestock unit.
Description of Activities for Wednesday, June 28th 2006
Nature Walk and Birding Tour
• 1:00 pm Introductions & Welcome: Paul Nyren, Director, CGREC
• 1:10 pm Update from the ND Agricultural Experiment Station: Dr. Ken Grafton, Director, ND Agricultural Experiment Station
• 1:30 pm Range Riding and Tractor Wagon Tours: These two tours will showcase current and past research projects around CGREC property. The Wagon Tours are open to all and will be hosted by Paul Nyren. The Range Riding tour is limited to the first 50 people registered and will be jointly hosted by Dr. Kevin Sedivec and Amanda Hancock. All tours will follow the same route and listen to the same speakers.
• 6:00 pm Ground Breaking Ceremony for New Office Addition: Join us for this special moment when we get to break the ground for our new office addition that is scheduled to start construction this summer.
• 7:00 pm Community Roast Beef Supper: Supper will be served in the town of Streeter at the Streeter Memorial Hall and catered by our outstanding local Streeter Business Association. Please join us for the free meal and drawings for prizes sponsored by CGREC.