| North Dakota State
NDSU Extension Service
Click here for an Adobe Acrobat PDF file suitable for printing. (29KB)
(Answers are at the end of the next section.)
1. A bank account for writing checks. (2 words)
4. Another name for money.
9. Items placed on a credit card.
10. To sign on the back of a check.
12. A checking account and a savings account are examples of a (2 words)
16. Money charged on an unpaid bill.
18. Dollars owed. (plural)
19. 100 cents.
21. Your money minus what you owe equals your __________.
23. To take money out of your bank account.
24. Metal money.
25. Yearly charge for use of a credit card (2 words).
26. 25 cents.
27. To take control of your spending is called "good money __________."
1. Book of forms for writing checks.
2. Checks must be written in __________ (not lead).
3. Using money is to pay with __________.
4. Plastic used to charge items. (2 words)
5. Written order to a bank to pay money.
6. To put money into your bank account (plural).
7. 1 cent.
8. Bank reports of your account.
11. Dollar bills and coins.
13. 5 cents.
14. A dollar.
15. Your name written by you.
17. Fee for spending more money than is in your checking account is called a ________ charge.
19. 10 cents.
20. Trust that you will pay later.
21. Slang for a dollar.
22. Business that handles money.
Checks and credit cards both are ways to spend money. You must put money into the bank before you can write checks. Then you buy things by writing your checks. The banker subtracts the checks’ dollar amounts from the money you gave him. You can keep writing checks until all the money you gave the banker is spent.
Credit cards are used to say that you will pay later. You just write your name to buy things. Then the letter carrier brings you a monthly bill. This bill has all of the things you bought during the month listed on it. You have to pay all or part of this bill. If you pay only part of the bill, you are charged interest. Interest means you are charged extra money for not paying all of the bill.
Whose picture is on a ...
Across: 1. checking account, 4. currency, 9. charges, 10.
endorse, 12. bank account, 16. interest, 18. debts, 19. dollar, 21. balance,
23. withdraw, 24. coins, 25. annual fee, 26. quarter, 27. management.
Down: 1. checkbook, 2. ink, 3. cash, 4. credit card, 5. check, 6. deposits, 7. penny, 8. statements, 11. money, 13. nickel, 14. bill, 15. signature, 17. service, 19. dime, 20. credit, 21. buck, 22. bank.
NDSU Extension Service, North Dakota State University of Agriculture
and Applied Science, and U.S. Department of Agriculture cooperating. Duane Hauck,
director, Fargo, N.D. Distributed in furtherance of the acts of Congress of
May 8 and June 30, 1914. We offer our programs and facilities to all people
regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age,
Vietnam era veterans status or sexual orientation; and are an equal opportunity
This publication will be made available in alternative format, upon request to people with disabilities, (701) 231-7881.
North Dakota State University
NDSU Extension Service