Research / Extension Report Table of Contents
I: Grassland Research / Extension
- General Description of Grass Growth and Development - L.L. Manske
- Biological Effects of Defoliation on Grass Plants - L.L. Manske
- Environmental Factors' Effects on Range Plants - L.L. Manske
- Utilization of Extended Grazing Periods to Increase the Net Value
of Cow/Calf Enterprises - J.L. Nelson, W.W. Poland, K.A. Ringwall, L.L. Manske, G.L.
Ottmar, and K.J. Helmuth
- Flea Beetles For Leafy Spurge Control - D. R.
Kirby and R. B. Carlson
- Twice-Over Rotation Grazing Management System with Complementary
Spring and Fall Domesticated Grass Pastures - L.L. Manske
- Range Management Practices Addressing Problems Inherent in the
Northern Great Plains Grasslands - L.L. Manske
- Grazing Management for Rangeland - L.L. Manske
- Economic Return as Affected by Grazing Strategies - L.L. Manske
- Animal Unit Equivalent for Beef Cattle Based on Metabolic Weight
- L.L. Manske
- How Long is the Average Grazing Season Month? - L.L. Manske
- Environmental Factors that Affect Range Plant Growth - L.L.
- Mineral Concentrations and Availability of Forages for Grazing
Livestock in the Northern Great Plains - W.W. Poland, E. Grings, J. Karn and L.L. Mankse
- Grazing Annual Forages - W.W. Poland, P.M. Carr and L.J. Tisor
- Grazing Cereal and Cereal-Pulse Intercrops in Southwestern North
Dakota - W.W. Poland, P.M. Carr, L.J. Tisor and G.L. Ottmar
II. Beef Research / Extension
- 1998 NCBA-SPA Cow-Calf Enterprise Summary of Reproduction and
Production Performance Measures for CHAPS Cow-Calf Producers - K.A. Ringwall and K.J.
- Financial and Production Evaluation of Cow Calf, Backgrounding and
Feedlot Enterprises Utilizing the CHAPS Finpack and DatalineTM Programs - K.A.
Ringwall, K.J. Helmuth, J.L. Nelson, and J. Tuhy
- Production and Associated Costs of Heifer Development - The
Benchmark Values - K.A. Ringwall, K.J. Helmuth, J. Dhuyvetter, J.L. Nelson, and G.L.
- Efficacy of Spring Time Worming Among Beef Cow Calf Pairs - T.L.
Stroh, K.A. Ringwall, J.L. Nelson, K.J. Helmuth, J.T. Seeger
- Selenium Content of North Dakota Beef - K. J. Hintze, G. P. Lardy
and J. W. Finley
- Field Pea Hay and Grain for Growing Beef Heifers- W.W. Poland,
P.M. Carr and L.J. Tisor
- Controlling Growth Rates in Heifer Development Programs - W.W.
Poland, L.J. Tisor and G.L. Ottmar
- Nutritionally-Directed, Compensatory Growth Regimen in Beef Heifer
Development - W.W. Poland, K.A. Ringwall, J.W. Schroeder, C.S. Park, L.J. Tisor and G.L.
III. Swine Research / Extension
IV. Agronomy Research / Extension
- Annual Forages: A Missed Opportunity? - P.M. Carr, L.T.
Tisor and W.W. Poland
- A Review of Alfalfa Variety Performance at the DREC's Manning
Ranch - R.O. Ashley, J. Dohrmann, and G.L.Ottmar
- Restoring Productivity of Eroded Soils with Manure Applications -
- Integrating Crop and Livestock Systems with Pulses and Cereal-Pea
Intercrops - P.M. Carr and W.W. Poland
- Diagnosis and Management of Root Disease in Dryland Wheat in
Western North Dakota - R.O. Ashley, M.P. McMullen, P.M. Carr, J.A. Staricka, E.D.
Eriksmoen, B. Schmidt, D. Barondeau, P. Carpentier, K. Brown, K. Eraas
- Wheat Production Systems for Southwestern North Dakota - P.M.
- Slope County Alternative Crop Demonstration Plot - Results 1998 -
R.O. Ashley and B. Whitney
- Slope County Annual Forage Crop Demonstration Plot - Results 1998
- R.O. Ashley and B. Whitney
- Alternative Crops and Cropping Systems in Southwestern North
Dakota - P.M. Carr
V. Horticulture Research / Extension