Animal Sciences

Accessibility


NDSU ansc logo gif

| Share

Shepperd Arena

 

Shepperd Arena has a central livestock arena used for 4-H, FFA, judging contests, shows, classes, and the annual Little International Livestock Show.

The main entrance of Shepperd Arena houses the picture gallery of the Saddle and Sirloin Club's Hall of Fame. The gallery is dedicated to the leaders of agriculture in North Dakota selected each year by the Saddle and Sirloin Club.

On the south side of the building is a large classroom and offices. To the north end is a meats laboratory consisting of a slaughter room, cutting rooms, chilling room, freezers, and classroom.

Shepperd Arena was dedicated in 1952 to honor the memory of Dr. John Shepperd. Dr. Shepperd was an ardent livestock man and served as Chairman of the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dean of the College of Agriculture, and President of NDAC (now NDSU).

Shepperd Arena

Creative Commons License
Feel free to use and share this content, but please do so under the conditions of our Creative Commons license and our Rules for Use. Thanks.