Agriculture Communication


| Share

Use of Photo Release Forms

It can be a little confusing at times knowing if you need a person’s signature on a special form to use his or her photo. If people are at a public event, such as a fair or field day, a release isn’t required.

However, there are times when you may need or want to use a photograph of a person in your educational or promotional material. As a safeguard, have each person sign a photo release form. This especially is true if you are using minors in your publication.

Nearly all 4-H members sign a media release as part of their 4-H Participation Expectations form with annual enrollment. For other youth, follow the guidelines on the Photo Release Form (under Staff Forms & Information).

Ag Communication provides a generic media release form that can be personalized for other situations.

, Administrative Assistant, 701-231-7881

Filed under: Photography
Creative Commons License
Feel free to use and share this content, but please do so under the conditions of our Creative Commons license and our Rules for Use. Thanks.