Communication Arts Program
Stark-Billings County 4-H members are encouraged to participate in 4-H Communication Arts at the contest scheduled for Thursday, May 28. The contest is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the New England Public School. Contest the Extension office by May 22 if you are interested in participating. Pre-registration is required to the Stark-Billings County Extension Office.
The 4-H Communication Arts program will:
- help participants develop communication skills that are useful throughout a lifetime;
- provide participants an opportunity to practice their skills before a group;
- provide participants an opportunity to gather and organize information, equipment and props for public presentation;
- develop participants' confidence in making public presentations; and
- evaluate and enhance communication skills.
The Communication Arts program is open to any youth involved in Extension youth programs. It includes two age divisions: the preteen division (youth 8 to 12 years-old before Sept. 1, 2014) and the teen division (youth ages 13 to 18 before Sept. 1, 2014), the start of the current 4-H year.
Stark-Billings County offers a "recitation only" category for Cloverbuds. This category is noncompetitive and provides equal recognition for all participants.This optional category provides young participants an opportunity to make presentations without the task of finding or writing material and without the stress of competition. Recitation of the 4-H Pledge or Pledge of Allegiance is appropriate.