Endowments in the Department of Plant Sciences
Jack F. Carter Durum Wheat Breeding/Genetics Endowed Professorship
Recipient: Elias M. Elias
The fund will provide a source for the permanent support of a teacher/researcher in crop production in the Department of Plant Sciences that:
- Emphasizes a research, teaching and extension program that integrates all production variables in one package, including plant breeding and crop evaluation.
- This holistic outlook will provide the basis to excel in maximum economic benefit, preservation of soil quality and fertility, and while using best pest control management; all as related to producing best crop quality and value.
- Will provide vision to seek and evaluate alternative crops, practices, market and utilization that will lead to a more profitable agriculture in North Dakota.
- Will evaluate and incorporate the rapidly advancing technologies for precision farming and site specific agriculture into an integrated crop paradigm of the future.
- Will elucidate and publish fundamental concepts of plant growth and the accumulation of value in the products of plants in order to provide a framework for continued advances of integrated crop production.
Richard C. Frohberg Spring Wheat Breeding/Genetics Endowed Professorship
Recipient: Mohamed Mergoum
The fund is committed to enhancing spring wheat value for producers and the spring wheat industry in North Dakota. It will provide a source for maintaining and enhancing research in developing new spring wheat varieties.