- 6 large hard-cooked and peeled eggs
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise (made with canola or olive oil, if available)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Paprika (optional for garnish)
- “Hard cook” eggs, then cool and peel.
- Slice eggs into halves lengthwise.
- Place yolks in a 1-quart zip-type bag along with mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Close bag and mix by squeezing the bag until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed and resemble paste. Alternately, you can mix in a bowl with a fork or mixer.
- Push contents toward one corner of the bag. Cut about ½ inch off the corner of the bag. Squeeze the bag gently and fill the cooked egg white halves with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle lightly with paprika if desired.
- Chill to blend flavors.
Makes six servings.
Per Serving (two egg halves): about 140 calories, 12 grams (g) of fat, 0 g carbohydrate, 6 g protein and 170 milligrams of sodium.