- 1 can (15.25-oz.) sliced peaches*, drained
- 1 can (15.25-oz.) apricot halves*, drained
- 1 can (15.5-oz.) pineapple chunks* or fruit of choice, drained
- 1 can (8-oz.) tropical fruit cocktail*, drained
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. cold butter or margarine, cut up
- Whipped topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 F. Place the well-drained fruit in a 9-inch square baking dish. Mix gently with a rubber spatula. Combine the flour, cinnamon and sugar, crumbling any lumps. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture forms crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the fruit. Bake until golden brown, about 45 to 50 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped topping if desired.
* To reduce the amount of calories and added sugars, use fruits canned in their own juice instead of fruits canned in syrup.
Makes nine servings.
Per serving: 200 calories, 5 grams (g) fat, 39 g carbohydrate and 10 milligrams sodium.