- GRAS Affirmation Process
- Interaction Between a Statute and a Regulation
- This page illustrates the interaction between a Congressional statute and an agency regulation.
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice (revisions proposed 2013)
- FDA proposed a regulation in early 2103 to replace the past Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulation (21 CFR Part 110). The new regulation is proposed to be 21 CFR Part 117, subpart B. These revised GMPs will continue to support HACCP for juice and seafood as well as support the new Food Safety Plan required for other food processors.
- Food Safety Plan (proposed regulation)
- FDA proposed a new regulation in early 2013 to support the statutory requirement that food processors develop and implement a Food Safety Plan if the firm is not already required to have a HACCP plan. These regulations will be codified at 21 CFR Part 117 subpart C when finalized.
- Food Defense Plan -- Proposed Regulation
- Congress requires that a Food Safety Plan address the risk of an intentional attack on a food business. FDA proposed a regulation in December 2013 detailing what should be considered in developing a Food Defense component for a Food Safety Plan.