A parenting newsletter resource for fathers and father figures of young children
Father Times is an educational newsletter series designed to provide fathers and father figures of young children with quality information and ideas about healthy parenting and child development. It also is appropriate for mothers or other caregivers of young children.
Father Times is a practical parent education tool that is anchored on a sound research base and provides a proven, father-friendly approach to sharing information and ideas with men as parents. It includes a variety of features designed to teach, share examples, encourage discussion and provide activities that fathers or father figures and children can do together.
The Father Times parenting newsletter is targeted at fathers or father figures of young children (ages 0 to 8) and those who support them. It is intended to increase parents' knowledge, provide parents with confidence and promote healthy parenting practices. The Father Times parenting newsletter is available in two versions, an in-depth eight-page version (recommended) and a shorter four-page version. It is available in both English and Spanish.
Nine Newsletter Issues
The specific topics addressed in each issue of the Father Times newsletter are:
- Issue 1 - Generative Fathering - A Fresh Perspective
- Issue 2 - Fathers, Kids and Making Connections
- Issue 3 - Fathers, Kids and Communication
- Issue 4 - Fathers and the World of Play
- Issue 5 - Fathers and the Magic of Reading
- Issue 6 - Fathers and Child Guidance
- Issue 7 - Fathers and Children's Physical Development
- Issue 8 - Fathers and Children's Relationships
- Issue 9 - Fathers and Emotional Intelligence
A variety of features designed to teach, share examples, encourage discussion and provide activities, such as:
- Once Upon a Time - A father's story or experience that highlights the theme of the newsletter.
- What Children Need - A research-based look at what young children of different ages need to grow and develop in specific areas
- Fathering Facts - A short summary of research on fathers and children related to the theme of the newsletter issue
- Time Together - Activities for fathers and children to engage in together or to be done with a group
- Fathering Resources & Story Time - Lists of books for dads and kids, as well as more fathering resources
- Many Other Features - Each newsletter issue contains a number of other feature articles, idea boxes and other elements that are designed to assist fathers and others to understand and support children