the NDSU Extension Service. We extend education to North Dakota residents of all ages and walks of life. You’ll find us at work in your county, at Research Extension Centers and at the main campus of North Dakota State University. As North Dakotans work to improve their lives, we’re there to help. Our efforts have a special emphasis on strengthening agriculture and developing the potential of youth, adults and communities. Our efforts are funded by county, state and federal government.
We have a rich history of extending North Dakota’s land-grant university. Federal legislation established Extension in 1914, but years before that our predecessors were extending education through lectures, institutes, tours, fairs and demonstrations.
... that through Extension’s help
is to create learning partnerships that help adults and youth enhance their lives and communities.
In pursuit of our purpose, we believe:
- in lifelong learning
- in maximizing resources through partnerships
- that all people have dignity and worth
- in informed decision making
- in promoting economic and environmental sustainability
- that learners are responsible for their decisions and actions
- in encouraging and supporting creativity and innovation
- in integrating research-based knowledge with knowledge that is generated through the experiences of our partners and clients
- in teamwork and shared leadership
- that our university base, along with our local, state and national network, enhances our educational capabilities
is to be the premier lifelong education network that helps North Dakotans improve their quality of life. To achieve that vision, we will strive to be innovative, adaptable and willing to take risks to create new ways of thinking, learning and addressing issues.
OUR PROGRAM PRIORITIES
- Community, Economic Development and Leadership
- Livestock Management
- Farm Business Management
- Crop Management
- Natural Resource Management
- Family Economics
- 4-H Youth Development
- Human Development and Family Science
- Nutrition, Food Safety and Health
- Horticulture and Forestry
our purpose and vision through diverse programs and partnerships that extend research, technology and knowledge to many audiences.
Apr. 1997, Reviewed Feb. 2006, Updated Nov. 2010 and Aug. 2012