While there are many theories and models for the study of evaluation, the NDSU Extension Service is making every effort to train staff in two specific approaches:
Kirkpatrick Model: 4 levels of Evaluation
- Evaluating Training Programs - The Four Levels - (MS PowerPoint) presented by Dr. Myron Eighmy
- The Kirkpatrick Four Levels: A Fresh Look After 50 Years - 1959 - 2009 - by Jim Kirkpatrick, PhD and Wendy Kayser Kirkpatrick
- Evaluation Summary Card
- Kirkpatrick's Four Levels of Trailing Evaluation in Detail
Participatory Evaluation: Engaging the learner in evaluation.
- Evaluation on a Shoestring - (MS PowerPoint) presented by Dr. Jean King
- Summary Chart of Interactive Strategies - (handout) by Dr. Jean King
- Bloom's Taxonomy of Action Verbs(MS Word)
These approaches provide a basic foundation for staff as the NDSU Extension Service moves forward to providing sound evaluation data for all programs.
Research seeks to prove.
Evaluation seeks to improve.
----Michael Quinn Patton