Marketing Needs Good Writing
When you think of marketing, do you think of writing? Many elements go into a successful marketing campaign, but your message will be lost if it’s sent in a package of misspellings and grammatical errors.
One important element in writing is proofreading. Though everyone has a unique proofreading process, some general strategies that can be helpful to most writers.
· Allow yourself time between writing and proofing.
· Reading your work aloud encourages you to read every little word.
· Ask someone else to read your article to get another perspective.
· Do not rely on your computer's spell-check because it will not catch everything.
· Keep track of the errors you make frequently.
· Ask yourself what the most successful part of your paper is and how could it be made even better.
Ag Communication has more proofreading tips to help you through the process.
Rich Mattern, Information Specialist, (701) 231-6136